This section describes how to configure and operate non-virtual Network Interface Cards.
NIC Interfaces Table
This table lists all the non-virtual network interfaces available in the system.
The following Actions are available for networks that have been selected:
Bring up. Start the interface and configured it to accept traffic.
Bring down. Shut down the interface and stop it from accepting traffic.
Unset. Remove the NIC configuration.
The NIC table list include the following fields.
Name. The system name of the physical interface.
Alias. Interface alias identifies the interface with an alias that can be easily accessed when configuring a farm or any other service.
IP. Network-layer IP address of the physical interface if configured. It Supports IPv4 and IPv6.
MAC. Link-layer MAC address of the physical interface.
Netmask. The subnet mask of the bonding interface is configured. It must be configured at the same time as the IP Address.
Gateway. Default gateway used by the NIC.
Status. The status of a given NIC. The color representations are;
- Green. When the NIC is UP.
- Red. When the NIC is DOWN or the link has not been detected.
Actions. These are the available actions for NICs in the table:
- Edit. Change the NIC configuration like IP address, netmask, and gateway.
- Bring up. Start the interface and configured it to accept traffic.
- Bring down. Shut down the interface and stop it from accepting traffic.
- Unset. Remove the NIC configuration.
Via the Actions menu, you may use the actions directly on each selected interface.