This section describes how to configure and operate with physical network NICs.
NIC Interfaces Table
This table lists all the physical network interfaces available in the system.
NAME. System name for the physical interface.
ADDRESS. IP address assigned to a given interface.
MAC. MAC address that is assigned to a certain NIC.
NETMASK. Network mask assigned to the NIC.
GATEWAY. Default gateway used by this NIC.
STATUS. The status of a given NIC, the available values are Green if the NIC is up and Red if the NIC is down or the link has not been detected.
ACTIONS. The available actions for every NIC in the table are the following:
- Edit. Change the NIC configuration like IP address, netmask and gateway.
- Bring up. Set the interface up and configured to accept traffic.
- Bring down. Set the interface down and stop accepting traffic.
- Unset. Remove the NIC configuration.
- Cluster. No actions are allowed as this NIC is used in the cluster service for synchronization and heartbeat processes. In order to modify this interface is required to disable the cluster service.
- Lock. No actions are allowed as this NIC is part of a bonding or link aggregation of more than one NIC. In order to modify this interface is required to disable the bonding interface.
The actions will be executed in batches in all the selected NICs through the multiple selection option.