This section describes how the Notifications section works in order to provide notifications and send emails if some events are detected in the load balancer.
The Notifications are composed of two zones where you can configure the notifications: Alerts Services and Email Notification Method.
These Alerts Services permits to enable/disable the notifications for backends and cluster service. In the future, could be additional services to be notified.
TYPE. Kind of notifications, currently only available for backends and cluster service.
- Backends. When a Backend is detected as DOWN or UP an e-mail will be sent with information related with this action.
- Cluster. When an cluster event is detected in the Cluster service an e-mail will be sent with information related with this event captured.
STATUS. Whether a certain notification service is enabled or disabled.
ACTIONS. The different actions for the alerts services are described below.
- Enable. Activate a certain alert service and start sending email notifications.
- Disable. Deactivate a certain alert service and stop sending email notifications.
- Configure. Modify a certain alert service configuration.
Email Notification Method
This section shows the current notification system configured. Currently, only available through email.
MAIL SERVER. SMTP server used for sending emails.
MAIL USER. Email or user account allowed to send emails, this account is needed if the mail server requires SMTP authentication.
FROM. Email account or name that it shows as sender of the email.
TO. Email account where the emails will be sent.
TLS. Whether if secure TLS connection is enabled or disabled to send the emails.
ACTIONS. Allowed actions for the notifications.
- Configure. Change the current email notification settings.
- Test Email. Send a test email with the current configuration.